About this Site
1. Using the content on this website
1) Source citation
- The user must cite the source when using the Content. Sources should be cited in the following manner:
(Examples of source citation)
Source: Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (URL of the relevant page)
Source: XX Survey (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) (URL of the relevant page) (accessed on year/month/day)
- If you have edited the Content for use, you must include a statement expressing that the content has been edited, in addition to the abovementioned source citation, but not any way that making public or using edited information in a format that may be misconstrued as having been created by the Government of Japan (or its ministries and/or agencies).
(Example of citation when using edited content)
Created by editing the XX Survey (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
Created by Company YY based on XX Survey (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) (URL of the relevant page)
2) No infringement of third party rights
- In some cases, a third party (refers to a party other than the state. Hereinafter referred to as “Third Party”) may hold copyrights or other rights to a part of the Content. For Content where a Third Party holds copyrights or other rights (e.g. portrait rights in a photograph, publicity rights etc.), it is the responsibility of the user to obtain consent for use from the Third Party unless there is explicit indication that the rights have already been cleared.
- If a Third Party holds rights to a part of the Content, said fact may be directly or indirectly stated or indicated through source citations, but in some cases the part of the Content to which the Third Party holds the rights may not be clear or may not be explicitly stated. It is the responsibility of the user to confirm the rights pertaining to use of the Content.
- Even if a Third Party holds copyrights to the Content, some use of the Content, such as quoting, may be allowed without the consent of the copyright holder, under the Copyright Act of Japan.
- Symbol mark, Logo, and Character Design which represent the organization or specific business.
4) Governing law and jurisdiction
- The state bears absolutely no responsibility for any action taken by the user involving the use of the Content (including use of information based on edited Content).
- The Content may be modified, moved or deleted without prior notice.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan provides information on this website with every possible care to ensure the accuracy of information contained in this website. However, the Ministry shall not assume any responsibility for any consequences whatsoever that may result from actions taken by users based on the information of this website.
- 1) As a rule, users are not required to ask permission to link to pages on this website. The above-mentioned rule applies when the users provide a link to any page of this website including the top page, unless otherwise indicated on this website. In addition, it is not necessary to notify us of the fact of providing links. Users must, however, indicate clearly on their web pages that they are link(s) to this website. When the link is created, users are requested to ensure that the link to this website does not open as a frame within another website.
- 2) There will be a change of this website's URL including the top page without prior notice. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan is not responsible to users for any damages or consequences such as inconveniences related to indicators of broken links caused by changes or deletions of information on this website or changes of this website's URL.