For the Media
If you are a reporter, reviewer or blogger, you want to read this book! Request your review copy today.
Executive Editor Eileen Gale Kugler, the thought leader behind this book, is an experienced media pro with hundreds of interviews in broadcast and print. To speak with Eileen or one of the contributors, email us or call 703-644-3039.
This groundbreaking book highlights strategies, case studies, and theories that can change the face of education. These words are first-person accounts by fresh voices doing the day-to-day work that is engaging diverse students and families around the world. Highlights include:
- Anti-bullying efforts including a project in a Brooklyn school to help elementary students deconstruct stereotypes and construct their own messages about identity; and a landmark Learning Guide for students and adults in the U.K. Pakistan and the U.S., encouraging them to open their eyes to their biases about "the other;"
- Strategies for engaging English Languages Learners who have made little progress for years, even when they were born in the U.S.;
- A transformative structure for understanding the stages of Immigrant Parent Involvement in School which can reinvent parents engagement efforts.
- A case study of Neighborhood School Readiness Teams that smooth transitions to kindergarten by connecting disperse elements of the community;
- A case study for developing future teachers who are culturally-competent, through the lens of the landmark Indian Education For All Act;
- A unique eye-opening view into the two contrasting personal worlds navigated by immigrant high school students each day, revealed with stark authenticity by two high-achieving students.
- The courageous leadership of principals fighting for equity in schools filled with students of diverse backgrounds, as well as schools where students who are not white and middle-class have been a marginalized minority.
- Personal insights from teachers across the United States, Canada, Australia Pakistan, and England.
Order your review copy of Innovative Voices in Education: Engaging Diverse Communities!